15 September 2013

The Bounder 2013

I participated in a new race today called The Bounder. It's a nine mile trail race that starts from the half way point of the Clarendon marathon, Broughton.

Going back a few days, I aggravated my IT band on a long run out in the forest. I was hoping that it would not flare up today - but unfortunately it did.

I started following a hasher friend as I knew he was aiming for a time of 1:10. I kept up with him until about 4 miles when my IT band flared up and I was forced to slow the pace. Once I slowed down it had practically gone and I was able to sprint the last half km to the finish. 

I actually enjoyed the last half of the race more than the first when I was trying to be more competitive. I could enjoy the scenery more and just relax in to an easy rhythm and flow. 

I crossed the finish line in about 1:20. Official times not out yet but that's what my phone said. 

The course was fantastic! All off road, plenty of hills, great atmosphere and beautiful countryside. Definitely doing it again next year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment