9 January 2016

Clarity

There seems to be something about the turn of the new year that gets me running again. It's certainly not resolutions, but maybe its the turning of the Earth and the days becoming lighter that brings new inspiration. Who knows?

Last year I started with good intentions, but I must confess that climbing has somewhat overtaken running lately and pushed it to the sidelines. There has also been a lack of blog posts here too.

With a slight inclination to run a 50k in March, today I went out for a longer than usual run - over 10 miles that is. I haven't done a lot of longer distance running for a while, and today I realised why I missed it. When I run (especially long distance) it gives a chance for me to get rid of the useless stuff in my mind and brings a certain focus on life, I might even call it clarity. Maybe it even gets the creative part of my mind in flow.

I can find this 'clarity' also with climbing. But I often find it harder to attain, and the feeling usually has less longevity.

So this blog post is because of today's run. I found the focus in my mind, and words started flowing in my head. As a result most of this post was already written before I started typing, and maybe there is a correlation between my lesser posts last year and my running.

I guess I will have to do some further investigation.

No comments:

Post a Comment