9 September 2010

BMC BBQ Harrisons Rocks

Been a long time since I've been to the Sandstone, but luckily I don't think I've lost my touch too much as I can't still get up 5b's!!

I eased Gregg in gently to the Sandstone (as you generally need to when its your first time!), with a few chimneys and easy climbs. Then we stretched out to some trickier ones such as Bow Window and Sashcord Crack.

Gregg also put in a good effort trying the direct finish to Bow Window at 5c, I'm sure he'll get it next time!

A disappointment for me was Sunshine Crack (4c), which felt really hard for me. So I think I need to put some time in on wide cracks.

But on the flip side, I managed half of Archers Wall (5c), which had a great - throw your leg above your head - start to it even though it was slimy! The rest of the route was covered in sand after wash down, and I was too pumped to carry on. I will try that again in better conditions.

Saturday night we camped and shared a BBQ with the BMC and other climbers at the rocks that day. A good ol' night and nice to chat to some other like minded people.

Sadly I have no pictures, as my phone died and Gregg took some on his camera which I haven't got hold of. Don't fret though as I have a couple from March last year.

Enjoy!


Sashcord Crack and the rocks in the winter Sun.



















No comments:

Post a Comment