7 July 2013

Catching up...

So, its been a while since I've written anything. Life just getting the way...too many things to do!

Brad and I went down to Swanage a few weekends ago, the wind was blowing about 50mph and the seas were rough! Incidentally we didn't get a lot of climbing done but we did have some fun avoiding the waves, and sometimes not!


Last weekend I got an email from Runners World and noticed that the New Forest 10 was still open for places. I immediately signed up as its a popular one in the area, and I've been meaning to do it for the past couple of years. Last year it got washed out because of all the rain. If the weather stays like it is at the moment it could be a hot one!

No specific training required as I regularly run this distance. In fact its kinda become my short run these days as I got in an 18 miler the other weekend. The first 15 miles were good but I slowed a little on the last four.

I'll be getting in some more regular longer runs as I head towards the Clarendon Marathon in October.


I was considering doing the 10 Peaks Challenge in the Brecon Beacons this September. The short course is 58km and traverses 10 peaks in the area including Pen Y Fan. I was really eager to do this race, and I'm sure I could finish it in the 24 hour time limit, but I think I need to train more for it as its only seven weeks away. Next year.

Lastly, today Cerian and I were out Orienteering with the Sarum OC in Fonthill. We did an easy Orange course as before and completed it with no navigational errors. But my, my, it was warm!



No comments:

Post a Comment