4 February 2014

Running Start to 2014

Ever since Brad and I got back from Wales, it's just been one storm after another! A bit frustrating as we haven't been able to get out on the rock, but hopefully we'll get down Calshot this weekend for some indoors action!

I have been getting my running legs back though, and I finally feel like I'm putting this ITB niggle behind me now and building up strength again. I think my form had gone to pot over the winter running in more cushiony shoes. I've been running mostly in my Xero's lately now its warm enough (just about) to have my pinkies out again!

It all started a few weekends back when Alex, Amit and I went for a run from Hengistbury Head, along the seafront towards Boscombe Pier, then back along the cliff tops. We ran a bit over 9 miles all together, and I ran most of it in my Xero's.

I did a couple more runs in the week including an 8 miler in the forest. Then did another 8 miles with Tom at the weekend.

All this running has got me inspired to run some events this year. Starting with a 20 mile run at the New Forest Running Festival at the end of March. Tom will be doing this as well so should have some company. I then plan to do a marathon around June/July, as a warm up to running The Longman 35m race at the beginning of September.

My (current) ultimate goal is to run Race To The Stones next year. A 100km along the ancient Ridgeway towards Avebury stone circle. Hopefully in one push! Will have to put some more training runs in between now and then though :)



No comments:

Post a Comment