23 February 2014

It was all going so well...

Running has been going so well lately. I even got a new half marathon PB a couple if weeks ago in one if my training runs.

Yesterday I went out for a long steady distance run in preparation for the 20 miler at the end of March. It was a lovely spring day, the sun was out, there was a light breeze and the forest was looking beautiful! Then, out of nowhere at around mile 13 it hit me. Bloody IT band syndrome again! I thought I'd got rid of it. It just came on without any warning. 



This has obviously disheartened me somewhat, and I'm worried that it might mean the race is off for me. I'm also planning to go up to the Brecons next week to run up some mountains, but this is looking doubtful too. 

When this first started back in October, the only way I could run was with nothing on my feet at all. I was running up to 8 miles barefoot, when I couldn't even do 5 in any footwear without it coming on. 

The temperatures are getting warmer again so hopefully I can do some barefooting this week. 

I can't see myself doing the race barefoot, as it is mostly hard pack flint trails, which is very testing!

I haven't been able to get out climbing either yet, though brad and I did get down Calshot the other weekend. 

I was orienteering last weekend with Sarum at the CompassSport Cup event at Haytor, Dartmoor. I hit the first five controls very well, then made a huge mistake on the next control and got myself completely lost, which ate up time whilst I found my bearings again. I ended up coming last but got some points for Sarum and we came first all together! It's all about teamwork :)


No comments:

Post a Comment