13 May 2011

Butter fingers

Things are starting to pick up - along with the weather - when it comes to climbing!

Recently I've been down to Swanage with Brad and his sister (in law!) Anna, where it was her first outdoor climbing experience. A lovely sunny warm day (unlike last time).

Brad also decided he'd solo a couple of routes. I personally prefer the safety net of the rope (im also a bit of a geek when it comes to rope work!).

Last week Cerian and I had a short break back in her homeland of Cornwall. We spent an afternoon climbing down Sennen, and introducing our friends Sarah and Bill to rock climbing. A good day!

Greg also called me last week for an impromptu visit to Swanage this weekend, where he was ready to try his first trad leads on the sea cliffs.

Whilst climbing The Chimney Greg dropped one of his nuts, which I promptly rescued before it got washed away by the sea. He's definitely learned his lesson though, when his brand new HMS went flying into the ocean from the top of Consolation!

Running on the other hand is taking a back burner at the moment. I've got some tired feet, so just giving them a rest and making sure they are in tip top condition for our long distance walk on the Pennine Way at the end of June. Its been a week and a half so far - I'm doing well to restrain myself!








Leading my way up Consolation











Anna taking her first steps outdoors











Sarah learning the ropes









Bill following me up Sinner's Route














Greg shortly before launching his HMS - luckily not until I climbed up!

No comments:

Post a Comment