19 September 2011

Fairy Cave Quarry ABORT!

Brad and I had planned to go to Fairy Cave Quarry this Sunday. All was going well until Sunday morning, when a quick check on the Met showed heavy showers all day!

Swanage it was then!

The day started a little damp, but ended up being a marvelous afternoon in the sun.

I also completed my first lead solo climb. Not sure the climb has a name, but I would grade it Difficult. It took me about half an hour of faffing to set up my initial anchors. I had to set up an anchor for upward and downward pull, in case I fell off at the start or half way up! The climb was short but quite interesting, an a good couple of ledges to help with pulling the rope through. All went well an very pleased. Will try something a little harder next time.

We also had a little climb of a Diff in the Jumble area, and repeated Inspiration (Severe 4a).

The Ruckle in rough seas
My anchors before my first lead solo
Brad down in The Jumble


No comments:

Post a Comment